quantravious - charlote, North Carolina
Themes: setbacks

I remember like it was yesterday, I was running to my god mother crying at the top of my lung’s saying I’m gone save you ! Bout time I got to my god mother in the other room I saw my little brother with a pack of bandages trying to put her face back on peace by peace. It was strange because while I was down on my knees trying to help D fix her ,I paused and tried to think who could of did this but out of no where I heard the door slam. I ran to the window as I saw 3 men get into a black Honda.

………two weeks earlier………….

It was an extremely sunny after noon

as Me and my little brother named, DeVonta 7 years of age was in my room playing the x-box. When my mom said she had to go away on business trip. She told us to go in our room and pack 14outfits. So while walking to my room I remember looking back seeing my mother crying, I guess she was sad about leaving us. About 20 minutes later , my mom said “time to go” taking a deep breath at a low tone. I suppose she was sad but I did not pay it no attention, so as we packed our luggage into the car , a black Honda drove by the man in the passenger seat was staring my mother in the eye. I looked at my mother as she had a glair in her eye. It seemed as though she wanted to cry but I could tell that she was trying to stay strong. We all hopped in the car as a very slowly 15 minutes passed by. We finally pulled up to my god mother home. Where she greeted us with a big hug and a kiss on the fore head. My mom told us to go in and unpack, but I could tell she just needed to talk to my god mother for a while. As I was walking in the house I heard my mom say “take care of my babies for me”.Without a goodbye my mother speed down the street going about 60mph. So my god mother came in he house and said “ want to come the store with to by some groceries”. Me and D wanted to get out of the house so we said ok. So as we was walking to the car I heard a phone ring, I checked my pocket and I had my mom phone. So I took it out my pocket and said “ Hello” the all I heard was a man say “ are you ready to get rid of the problem ” I was going to tell my god mother but I thought it was best not to. So as we got to the store I saw my mother car in front of a police station. Then out of no where I saw that black Honda again. So the phone began to ring a gain and then same man from before said” we gone handle it” then the phone hung up but I did not tell my god mother because I thought it was best not to. So as we got back home we un packed to groceries and ate. 13 days passed now and we still have not heard from my mother. Me and D was playing the x-box again when I just paused and started to think about that call . Then all of a sudden D said I’m going to watch TV in the living room. About 15 minutes later I heard D scream no , then I heard a very loud noise and D said “ please lord don’t let her die” so I got up and I started running to my god mother crying at the top of my lung’s saying I’m gone save you ! Bout time I got to my god mother in the other room I saw my little brother with a pack of bandages trying to put her face back on peace by peace. It was strange because while I was down on my knees trying to help D fix her ,I paused and tried to think who could of did this but out of no where I heard the door slam. I ran to the window as I saw 3 men get into a black Honda. So after to police came I me and D was sad so we walked down the street. Then I saw the black Honda in the back of an abundant house so we ran to the window and I saw those two men and my mom.