Andrea - 19808, Delaware

Andrea R

I believe in my sister. I believe she is a hardworking, loving person.

Amanda is 22 and just graduated from West Chester University. She was the first Rash to graduate from college. I remember seeing her at home, on break, with a ton of books. She just studied most of the time that she was home. She worked very hard to become a music teacher. Amanda came home one night and she was staying over for a few days, and had a band piece to practice. At first she didn’t want to practice it because it was difficult but she realized that wasn’t going to get her anywhere. Amanda began practicing and she would play it, stop to practice a measure or two, play more, and stop again until she got everything perfect. Amanda worked so hard on that piece. At her concert it sounded amazing. At the time, when I would get a song in band that was hard, I wouldn’t practice it much because I didn’t care. But Amanda showed me how amazing something can sound when you put time into it.

Amanda is the type of person that knows when something is bothering you. She’s always there for me and everyone she cares about. She puts her friends feelings and her siblings feelings first. If I’m upset or someone else she knows is upset she won’t leave you alone until she finds out what is wrong, and then fixes it.

I believe that Amanda is the most loving person I know. When ever Amanda’s home she’s always making sure everyone is okay. She also takes care of me and my family. If I need to go somewhere, but I don’t a ride, Amanda will take me where I need to go. Amanda to me is also like my friend. I know I can always go to her for anything. I know she’ll listen and really be there for me.

Amanda is always looking out for her family. I remember one day in the summer Amanda and I were in our pool and we got really bored. She decided to take me, my brother, and my sister to the beach for the day. It was nice being at the beach all day just relaxing. Amanda didn’t have much money that day but she still spent her money on gas, tolls, and food.

With everything that Amanda has done for me and everyone else, I have learned a very special lesson. Even though you may not have everything you want in your life, you shouldn’t let that get you down. I have learned to be more caring towards people from watching Amanda. I have also learned that if I work hard enough, I can graduate from college as well. Not only is Amanda my sister, but she’s my best friend. This I believe.

Word count: 483