devon - North Bend, Washington

I strongly believe that you shouldn’t do your work. I believe this because I see no point in it grades and homework. Grades don’t entirely tell how smart you are, but only if you’re… well are smart and if you turn in your work.

One reason I believe that I shouldn’t have to turn in my work is because that it takes to much time away from fun stuff. It takes to much time away from video games and playing board games with you’re family. It can also, take time away from your friends playing basketball or baseball. Home work has also gotten in the way of my sports. I have had to skip a practice or even a game to do my home work…

Another reason is that it is boring… I mean come on! Don’t we all agree on that! Most of that stuff you already know I can barely think of anything I haven’t none when I had home work because it was already in my brain by the time I learned it. Most of the stuff your teachers can just tell you. And personally I think its just plain useless, like trying to eat soup with a fork.

The second reason is there is no use to it… you can go over it at school so that way you can get more help if your parent or guardian doesn’t know. Secondly you can cheat really easy… trust me I have tried and succeeded the thing is by giving home work some kids don’t know what they are doing so they cheat and they just keep on digging them selves deeper into a hole. And then there is that “Oh I forgot my homework!” because you can get so much homework that you forget about some other stuff and you will not get a good grade then it will be hard to go to go to college.

That is why I think that homework is… nonsense! Though all I have just typed I think that I should have done this because I just did what I believe in. but all over all I think that you really should be doing that much work… and I still cant believe that I am writing this essay.