Nathan - North Bend, Washington

In World War II Germans would take starving and cold people in to their camps telling them that they would take care of them but the showers the “rescued” used sprayed acid instead of water and burn them to death. I believe that lying is wrong it can hurt others. It may make others feel that they can’t trust you, and they can be very hard to take back and it could affect your character and circle of friends.

When you lie it can hurt other a lot especially when it’s personal, it usually causes emotional pain like pain, distrust and disappointment. When you lie it can be like a sharp claw piercing your chest. When you lie to someone and they figure out your lying they’ll often avoid you it will affect your circle of friends. You’re not really bending the truth you’re not telling it.

When you lie more than once to someone they start to distrust you. If it’s your parents then they won’t let you have as much freedom with you friends or being alone by yourself at home. If it’s your friends your lying to all the time than the won’t like to hang out with you as much and they’ll tell your other friend that you have been not lying to and then they’ll stop hanging out with you again affecting you circle of friends. But if you choose not to lie people will start to believe in you.

If you tell a lie to someone and you know it will hurt them if you told them it was a lie, than they can be very, very hard to take back. Though a lie can hurt you more than others. Because you see them happy when you know they need to know something that could affect them a lot, it hurts I know the feeling.

I encourage people not to lie because it hurts others, it causes other not to trust you, and they can be pretty hard to take back. Just remember “A lie is just another weight added to the chain of life” In the future if nobody lied than everyone would trust everyone.