Perry - cranbury, New Jersey

The Sun

I know many people who believe in the devil, these folks are absolutely certain that an unseen, intelligent, evil creature inhabits the Earth. This belief system concludes that the devil is aware of his own existence, and also that this unseen demon knows everything we think. The underlying theme to demonic belief is temptation. People actually believe that the devil has the ability to invade our thoughts and tempt us into making decisions that result in non-loving, antisocial, or violent behavior. The “Prince of Darkness” is said to be the antithesis of enlightenment.

I choose not to believe in the devil. I feel it is unwise, irresponsible and arrogant to blame my own non-loving or antisocial thoughts and behavior on a creature whose existence can’t be proven. I choose instead to believe in the Sun.

Of those who believe in the devil, I would ask if you would consider applying some of the same attributes to the Sun that you apply to Lucifer, namely intelligence, self awareness and the ability to read and influence thought.

In the deepest part of me, I am certain that the Sun is a supremely intelligent, totally loving, living creature who is full aware it’s own existence and mine. In my world the Sun is the personification of enlightenment, so powerfully enlightened that I can’t look at it for even a minute without going blind. I believe that the Sun has the capacity to love me, and when I allow my conscience to be my guide, it is the Sun who has read and influenced my thoughts.

So gather around everyone, I have a message from the Sun: evil cannot truly exist in the presence of pure love, just as darkness can’t truly exist in the presence of pure light. The Sun is an enlightened being, this I believe…