Issac - North Bend, Wyoming
Themes: war

There seems to be a lot of things that hurt humans, there are also a lot of things that hurt our planet. There is one thing in particular that hurts both our planet and the human species along with many other creatures on Earth, this is war. My cousin Shawn is in the war right now fighting for a place that we don’t have any right to be in, a place we are in because of oil, and power. He has been awarded the purple hearth for bravery in combat, and he hates what he had to do to get it.

I believe that pointless wars and any war in general, hurt our planet and the creatures that live on it. Some wars are justified, like the civil war and the revolutionary war, but wars like the one against Japan and now the one against Iraq are pointless and wrong. They do too many things to waste our resources, and the life’s of our brave men and women. They kill innocent people, destroy our economy, and waste our ever dieing resources such as oil and trees.

A pointless war can happen over anything, a dispute, an ally, money, or even over land and oil. All of these lead to one thing, war. These wars and all wars kill many people and our planet as well. People who die in war leave behind there families and friends, who love them very much. There are left to mourn there fallen friends and family over what, a pointless nothing, an argument from decades ago, a grudge out of hand. Yet these people sacrifice themselves for something unneeded, and unwanted.

War doesn’t only kill soldiers but it kills our economy. Wars leave us weak and vulnerable, a state of distress. When we go to war we lose our federal money. Without federal money our government taxes heavily on businesses many are forced to lay off many workers or to even shut down. Both of these outcomes put our hard working citizens out of work with lead to, what was a great depression.

War can do more then just destroy our very cities, it destroys our resources. In Vietnam, soldiers marched through forests, poisoned the ground with bullets, and used napalm on the forests to decimate the enemy, killing the trees and soil. The war also required a lot of oil to power trucks, tanks, airplanes, and the manufacture of bullets and guns.

At the end of it all what happens? Two things can happen, one, the leader of one, or both, sides will die or, two, one side will get completely devastated, like the nuclear bomb with Japan. There is one mare outcome but it follows the devastation and that is thinking, talking and putting ink to paper and signing the treaty of peace. But after all that has happened, the deaths, the destruction, the demolition of our planet and people some think, was it worth it?