joseph - North Bend, Washington
Themes: addiction

One day I was shopping with my mom and I saw a magazine that really caught my eye. This magazine was all about drug use. As I was flipping through the pages I saw an article. It was pretty short so I decided to read it. It talked about a very successful actress and how she was caught with marijuana. Now she is in prison. I thought about that and realized that doing drugs is only a moment closer to death.

First, when you do drugs, you fry your brain. Frying your brain is when you use drugs way too much, you start losing knowledge and your grades in school might slip. Drugs become as close to you as one magnet is to another. Also, drugs can easily and very quickly take control of your life so that you might not have any interests in activities you enjoyed before. Plus, most of the time you seem out of it as if you didn’t have a care in the world.

Second, once you start, it’s unbelievably difficult to quit. It’s extremely addictive and the pressure from your peers, relatives, and especially media add on even more. Also, you always feel that you need more and more, just to make it through one day.

Lastly, it will seem like your money has vanished in no time. You’re practically throwing your money away every time you buy marijuana. What are you gaining when you buy it? Drugs are extremely expensive. According to statistics, every year the age of minors doing drugs is decreasing. Don’t let it be you. Don’t do it. Why would you waste a huge load of money on something that wastes your money, get you addicted, and possibly, maybe, take over your life when you could be spending on something that isn’t going to kill you.

Think about what will happen when you do, do drugs. You might drop out of school; have no house, no food, and no money. Now think about what will happen to you if you don’t do drugs. You’ll most likely become successful, and have an enjoyable life with lots of money. “A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.” Said, Patricia Neal. Not doing drugs, this I believe.