Alex - snoqualmie, Washington
Themes: addiction

I’m not telling you not to do drugs because I heard they are bad for you. I’m telling you because I know and have experiences. A few of my family members started doing drugs and before they started doing drugs they where straight A students and they didn’t have a problem in life. But then they started doing drugs and there grades started slipping and the life they once had is going down the drain. One of my family members even died from doing drugs. So don’t do them!

Everyday hundreds of people die from the use of drugs. Drugs are a chemical that change the way a person’s body works. Drugs work on the central nervous system, and increase brain activity, meaning when you take or do drugs your brain starts to shut down. Drugs also can hurt your eye sight, hearing, and sometimes you taste. When people do drugs it almost shuts down the person’s body, they promote the growth of skeletal muscles and can cause learning disabilities.

Not only do drugs kill people, more and more people get addicted to them everyday. People may think its ok to do drugs once and they tell you to just try it, but once you try a lot of people say its hard to stop, in fact three of ten people that try drugs for the first time can’t stop doing them. It does not matter what kind of drug it is once you get started it’s very hard to stop! Every time a person misuses a drug they take the risk of death. One in five people die from doing drugs for the first time. Drugs are not safe so do not do them!

Drugs also mess up peoples lives. People that do drugs don’t think they mess up there lives but they really do. When you do drugs you get sick a lot, and your immune system starts shutting down. When young boys and girls start doing drugs they loose interest in school, change the people they hang out with, and become moody. Asking to be left alone is also a sign of doing drugs. Having trouble concentrating, getting bad grades in school, and getting into fights is what drugs do to you.

If everyone did drugs ten years from now life would be bad! People would not be able to get good jobs because drugs affect the way people learn. If know one did drugs the world would be much safer because people would not be doing drugs so they would get grades and good jobs. And all the kids would be safe because they wouldn’t be asked to do drugs! So just think about it next time someone asks you to go do drugs with them?