Angelica - north bend, Washington

When I was younger there was this one girl that had always made fun of what I wore. Whenever I had bought something new she would always notice, and point it out to me, as if I didn’t know. My parents always said that she was just jealous because I wore great clothes and she wore baggy clothes with holes. But I had no idea if that was true or not. I believe that making fun of what people wear is wrong for a couple reasons.

The first reason is that most people have different styles then others might. Some people like tight clothes and others like loose. I personally like to wear tight clothes because I feel more comfortable in them. Most of the wealthier kids wear Hollister, Abercrombie, and PacSun. Their clothes are tight, thin, and extremely cute. And the less fortunate kids shop at target, Ross, or Fred Meyers.

Also I believe that making fun of what people wear is wrong because some families may not have enough money to buy the latest style of clothes. For example you could buy a cute inexpensive shirt at Ross for $7.99 compared to a cute much more expensive shirt from Hollister for $15.90.

The last reason is because it could hurt someone’s feelings. If you were getting bullied by someone about what you wear it definitely gets very painful. When I was getting bullied I would try to ignore her but it never worked because she knew I was very mad about the situation, so finally I had to go to someone because it was none stop. It did make her stop but she always gave me dirty looks.

Those are a couple of reasons why I believe that no one should have someone make fun of what you wear. My parents now tell me it doesn’t matter what you look like all that matters is how you feel about what you are wearing. I have always kept that in mind and no one has ever said anything about the way I dressed after that.