Meghan - Snoqualmie, Washington
Themes: addiction

When you think smoking, you think it won’t hurt it try it once or twice. But when you inhale one cigarette for the first time, you feel dependant on drugs. Also after a while your fingers get yellow, teeth get yellow, and you start to really stink. But most of all smoking causes three things. It gets addicting, it gets expensive, and it causes lung cancer.

Addiction is the main thing to smoking. If you smoke once and like it, you know you’re going to keep smoking. It’s all the nicotine that makes you want to smoke about every half hour. Also it’s the peer pressure at school that causes students to start smoking. I believe in not smoking, so I can live to 100 years old.

Have you ever thought that smoking starts to get expensive? Because it does. You spend about 2000 dollars a year on cigarettes. That’s ridiculous. I remember my family and myself always telling my Nana to quit smoking. But she couldn’t. We tried to tell her it was too expensive and a waist of time. She just couldn’t quit and wouldn’t listen to us. This is what happens when you become dependant on drugs.

But the main cause of smoking is lung cancer. Every year 163, 500 people die from lung cancer. You sometimes can get a lung tumor from smoking. I remember when my Nana was in the hospital from getting a lung tumor. It was about 14 centimeters wide. She started to loose all her hair and had to go threw chemotherapy. After that she lived for about two more months. Then she finally passed away on April 26, 2005. She was the most amazing, wonderful, extravagant person, in the whole wide world. No one could ever replace her.

So you can see how smoking is a bad habit to break. All you need to do, to not smoke is never to try it, because you might like it. You may think it’s cool now, but when your 65 and in a hospital bed, you will wish you never started smoking in the first place. Trust me I’ve learned from the best. If you want to never smoke in your life, and live to 100 years old, I say go for it. Because I BELIEVE IN NOT SMOKING!

Thank you