Nolan - snoqualmie, Washington

I think driving at the age of sixteen is bad. Because of three reasons peer pressure and going out and partying at night. So I made up three reasons why I think you should wait to you are eighteen till you start driving.

My first reason is when you turn eighteen you become more responsible then you are at the age of sixteen. I’m not saying that their aren’t a lot of responsible sixteen year olds there are but there are those few that aren’t responsible. When you are eighteen you turn an adult and when you’re an adult you start to become more responsible. You realize you parents aren’t their and you have to take care of yourself.

My second reason is at the age of eighteen you have peer pressure but a different type of peer pressure. In high school you worry about what you look like and what people say about you. And sometimes that can put a lot of pressure on you. Once you get out of high school you don’t have to worry about what people think about you, you still have peer pressure but just a different type. This type of peer pressure is more like work and bills.

My third and final reason is you might have a job. If you get a job by the age of eighteen you can’t be late to work in the morning to work. You also can’t go out and party at night when you know you have to work in the morning. If you’re late to work you can get fired and that would be bad. And if you have a job when you eighteen and going to college and might be renting a house so you have to be to work on time so you don’t get fired because if you get fired you could get behind on your rent and be kicked out of the house.

I think if we don’t act know are futures will look like this. A lot of kids at the age of sixteen driving bad because of peer pressure, not having jobs and partying late out at night. So I think if we act know and start driving when were eighteen instead of sixteen are future will be much safer.