Peyton - North Bend, Washington

My family was going to a Mariners game at 12:00 pm. We had an extra ticket so I called my friend Alex. When I told him about the situation he asked his mom if he could go to the ball game. When he called me back he said that (she said no)! Parents shouldn’t have so much control over us because they will make our teen years boring! This is one of the reasons why I was inspired to write I believe parent shouldn’t have much control over us.

The first reason why I believe parents shouldn’t have much control over us is that it is a free country. The definition of a free country to me is being free. I know you are suppose to guard us like parents should but does it hurt to let us go into the world for a couple of hours to talk with our friends. Besides if you let us go out it won’t be all bad. You can have a couple of hours to yourself maybe going out to have a romantic dinner or going to see a movie you want to see really badly.

The next reason they shouldn’t be controlled us so much is that we can think for our selves. When you our a teen it should be the best times of your lives going to movies, games, or just being alone with your friends. When you were a teen I bet you had the best times of your life so do you really want to ruin your own kid’s times. I mean if I were a parent I wouldn’t want to ruin my kid’s teen years. So parents please don’t ruin our best times of our lives.

Another reason is our parents don’t trust us. If you don’t trust us and you never give us a chance to be trusted then there will be no way to earn a privilege to be trusted to go out into the new world. Could you image the stress of having us at home every single day because you can’t trust us? I couldn’t image how hard it would be to keep a mad teen at your house in there room for a couple of years. So let the kids have some great teen memories. I have talked to a lot of teens and they say “this is not fair we should get to be alone”.

If you let us have fun by ourselves then you will have some alone time. Don’t you want us teens to be happy in our teen years. We will be gone so you won’t have us at home sassing back at you. Can’t you picture sipping lemonade lying down on a chair relaxing! Later you will realize you made your teen have the best years of his life!