Katie - North Bend, Washington

The entertainment tonight shows, magazines, TV shows, and celebrities they all always talk about how skinny people are and how more people should be like them, which are making teenage girls become anorexic. That is why I believe that people don’t need to be skinny to be beautiful.

First, when you think you need to be skinny it can cause depression.

Depression can lead to lots of problems. For example taking anti-depressants to get rid of the depression can lead to you getting hooked on that which can hurt you and others.

Depression can also ruin your life. You don’t hang out with your friends you just stay at home and get even more depressed as the time goes on that could have a effect on you.

Next, when you get to skinny it can lead them to becoming anorexic.

Anorexic can cause you to be limited to many activities that you once loved to do that you can no longer do because you can’t run very far without losing your breath. Leaving the activities that you loved to do could effect your future if you wanted to get a scholarship for collage .When you treat your body badly it’s going to treat you badly back no matter what drugs you take to cure it. So eating would be a good idea. You can really hurt yourself when you don’t eat.

Finally, when you’re skinny you’re very self conscious about yourself.

Being self conscious about your self can be very unhealthy for your body. You feel tired and hungry because you haven’t been eating because you think you’re fat but, your not. All the food that you’re not eating is not in your system so you are tired and can’t focus and the important things in life .Keeping all of this up keeps you from enjoying what life has for you and if you don’t live life to the fullest your just stuck at home become even more miserable as the time goes on so eating should fit in your schedule.

All in all no one should listen to the T.V shows or magazines because everyone is beautiful in their own way no matter what all of those people say listen to your heart not the world . Remember, “Beauty is not physical.” Anonymous