Jaryn - North Bend, Washington

I think that if I were to engage a survey of all the students of the school, of a month off of school, most likely the stats would come out to be about 484/500 students that would take the month off. the reason I think this is this is that most people I know would rather play video games, hang with friends, hang with family, go on vacation, go skiing or snowboarding, sleep, or any other activities and events that people would rather do.

I believe we shouldn’t have school because all we do in school is learn, learn, and learn. I think I speak for every student when I say we shouldn’t have school.

I think school is pointless because of multiple reasons. One is that it takes up valuable time and us kids could figure out the entire math and stuff by ourselves. And in school it is like life is based on math and social studies and stuff we do in school. We can think out of free will and if we really needed math and things we could just ask someone for help I mean it’s not that hard even if we did need it in our lives.

The only thing school is good for is just about nothing that it is meant for. The only things we like to do at school are just talk and meet friends. Also some people like to get away from the troubles at home such as siblings and parents. I’m pretty sure that’s not what the school is and or made for.

Why does the school have to be the only one place person or thing that can teach us kids? If we really needed to know this stuff and ever us it all we would need to do is ask parents, brothers, or sisters for help. They can teach us to like home schooling. All the students need is help, and we can get it from our siblings.

Clearly its been proven that most kids don’t appreciate school and neither do I. better yet if school was gone than the land could be converted to a park, field, or community center or anything but a school. Of course over all the years I’ve heard some teachers talk about how much money we spend on “practical uses” and all the gym equipment and other stuffs. And of course in fact I stand by what I said before, “I Believe We Shouldn’t Have School.”