Anika - north bend, Washington

Many things people believe in, speaking there minds, running a mile, or walking down to that old ladies house. Yet there is one thing I truly believe in not doing my work. I really just don’t see the point in doing things that we already learned. Plus stuff such as writing essays is well, boring. Also, it takes up a large amount of time when we could be doing other activities that are more fun for kids our age.

First off, I think that we shouldn’t have to keep on doing the same material if we have known how do it the last four years or at least not have to rewrite, rewrite and rewrite. There once was a saying “Insist upon yourself. Be original.” written by Ralph Waldo Emerson. This is a perfect example of originality, we shouldn’t have to rewrite our original work because that is what we really thought, and adding and taking away stuff isn’t what first came to your mind. Most kids our age have interesting imaginations, maybe that shouldn’t always be put on paper but we spend whole class periods rewriting things when really our first draft is what we spent time into and put our ideas into. Do we really need to write and essay every time we learn something new?

Following that is that it is tiresome, also known as boring. I don’t think that is worth the time and effort to write something that is just going to be tossed into the mess of our lockers or put into our binders, which who knows if we will ever see that again. If we write something shouldn’t it be something we want to write about? Well maybe not, but there should be some sort of other option. If we wrote about something we wanted to write about then reader would have a more enjoyable time reading your essay.

Subsequently is that I don’t think we should use our time on doing homework when we could be doing shorter more fun activities. After all we are 7th graders we know how to write an essay. The average day for homework takes about an hour or two to do that is a lot of time if you’re putting it on top of sports, family and friends. Say you get out of school at 3:00 then you have soccer till 6:00 then you have dinner till 7:00 and then whoops you forgot about all that homework you have then you will just be tired the next day. We loose sleep every night then our parents get mad at us for acting like zombies it’s really just because we were so tired from all that homework.

All in all this is why I believe in not doing my work because I think that I have written enough in the last year to make a 200-page book, and so many revised copies that in the end is just the same thing with more words.