Jaidyn - North Bend, Washington

Back in elementary school everyone says there’s nothing to worry about. That wasn’t exactly my case in elementary school. Best friends are everything then. But in second grade I had the best friend in the world; we hung out every day at recess and even out of school. But to be honest she spread a rumor about me and still to this day in 7th grade we don’t talk. So one of the things that I strongly don’t believe in is rumors.

Rumors are like bugs; they don’t go away even if you hit them hard, they come back faster and stronger then before. This “bug” causes many people to loose friends, much like in my case. But this is bigger then me, it happens every where. I mean honestly imagine that one day you have best friend then the next you like hate each other. They hurt you, and when they come one might come. But more “bugs” come after that first bug. These bugs aren’t really bugs; real bugs can’t hurt you this bad.

The reason, yes the real one, you get hurt so bad could be a lie. It’s a proven fact that ninety-eight percent of rumors are actually lies. Most of the time in other words. Two percent isn’t much but there is a possibility that it could be true, but most likely that’s not the case. Once you find out it’s a lie that someone said something about you your mad.

A much larger part of rumors are loosing friends. Loosing them is never good. Especially if you’ve been friends with them for a really long time. It makes you get depressed. Its okay being depressed but it can lead to some pretty bad things. Like drugs or hurting yourself; just to forget about it. So it’s not healthy. Besides that reason which is a really good reason it causes lots of fights; or drama.

Obviously for many reasons rumors aren’t good. But what do you think the world would be like without them? Basically I could tell you, no fighting, no loosing friends, or you could just say goodbye to the one nasty word or “drama”. So next time, before your about to say something you no you will regret later, or talk about someone, just think to yourself, is it really worth loosing a friend over making a stupid comment?