Danielle - Snoqualmie, Washington

My sister, Annie, is six years old. She is a first grader at Snoqualmie Elementary School. She plays soccer, basketball, and baseball. My mom and dad coach all her sports. She believes that she should get a cell phone because I have one. I believe she should have to wait until she is thirteen to get one.

First, off my sister shouldn’t get a cell phone because I didn’t get one until I was thirteen. I was one of the last people I knew to get a cell phone. My parents thought I didn’t need one. They thought it was a waste of time that I should be spending practicing my flute, or sports. Also studying for schoolwork. They never thought it might be nice to keep up with my friends.

Next, she isn’t mature enough. She can’t even keep track of her lunchbox, coat, or wallet. She would lose a cell phone or break it. She is like an elephant, she can walk through a room and knock every thing over and break it. She breaks her necklaces, bracelets, and her head bands.

Lastly, she doesn’t need one. She is always is with my mom, dad, me or another adult. She is like a very rich person who has body guards around all the time. My mom works at her school. My dad baby-sits her when my mom is at work. Or I baby-sit her when their both not home.

Ever since my best friend Nini got a cell phone I was bugging my parents to get me one. I made persuasive power points. I kept reminding them at all the times when a cell phone. ‘’man, I could really use a cell phone.’’ Or ‘’A cell phone would really be nice right about now.’’ I also reminded them of all the reasons to need one. So my birthday came flying around and I still didn’t have a cell phone. My mom kept bugging me about it. Then I went to dinner with my grandparents and I got it. So I challenge you to try and be persuasive about what you want.