Aimee - Seattle, Washington

I believe that everyone searches for a place to belong. They search for a place that will give them insight into how they want to be, or rather, who they feel they really are. Fall Out Boy is a band that has given that place to many people, myself included. Through their music and journal entries I’ve been able to learn about myself. I’ve learned to accept bad days and embrace abnormalities. Through Fall Out Boy I’ve made connections with people across the states and overseas, some of which are stronger than those away from the keyboard. In fact, sometimes these friendships are taken away from the computer screen and become a part of our ordinary lives. All of this is more than music, more than catchy phrases and clever one-liners. It is more special than anyone thought it had the potential to be.

Some people feel the need to bash Fall Out Boy and the music I listen to but honestly, I don’t care. I know that I get more from my music then they will ever get from theirs. Some of my best friends are people that I never would have met if it wasn’t for Fall Out Boy. There have been times in my life when nothing else could help me except the music. I have Fall Out Boy to thank for many amazing memories and for helping me get through all the bad ones.

Fall Out Boy’s music isn’t just a passing fancy I put on when things get quiet or boring; it is so much more than that. Fall Out Boy are the therapists pumping through my speakers, their music seems to write my moods. Whether I am having a bad day or a really great one, if I am having family issues or friend ones, no matter how I feel or what’s going on in my life, Fall Out Boy is right there with me. They are my inspiration and my motivators. They are my Fight Club and My Rushmore. All that Fall Out Boy has offered me I’ve returned ten-fold with my sweat and utter devotion because, well, that’s just what you do when something is this important.