Eric - Dunwoody, Georgia
Themes: equality

I believe that Anime depicts women poorly.

While there have been exceptions, most of the females in anime are depicted as being extremely voluptuous in terms of physical appearance, as well as being loud, whiney, obnoxious, silly, and spoiled in terms of personality. This has been very commonplace in terms of anime and manga. One of the few Anime Females that wasn’t even depicted in this manner is Misty from Pokemon. Sadly, the writers have removed her in favor of that aforementioned female anime stereotype, May. I have tried to bring her back, because Misty is my hope of abolishing this horrendous depiction of females.

Let’s look at Pokemon: I mean, not counting May (Because she is an airhead with a bust too large for her age, even BY early bloomer standards.) or Dawn (since she acts very vain and whiney), there were these girls whom Misty fought against in a competition. These girls were depicted as very squealy and whiney, especially if they hear the name “Fiorello Cappuccino”.

Now, for other Anime examples, pretty much ALL of the female characters in “Love Hina” were depicted in this manner. For people who want to go to Tokyo University (which, by the way, their reasoning’s for going were NOT to gain more knowledge or the like, it is to try and meet with a man who they wanted to marry and pretty much get laid with because of some stupid childhood game.), they seem to act like complete and utter Bimbo’s. In fact, they also seem to like being naked (though seemingly not in front of Keitaro, with the exception of maybe Kanako) and doing sexual poses, which is disgusting and terrible. I mean, honestly, if they don’t like doing those things in front of Keitaro, DON’T DO ANY OF THAT!!! There are also some clips that I have stumbled upon in this flash video made for a guy’s birthday, and at LEAST three of them (that’s how many I counted before I averted my eyes.) had nude women from several unknown anime (though one of them was suspiciously similar to InuYasha.). There were also the Magazines that Master Roshi reads that show nude women, if not partially nude, in DragonBall/DragonBall Z. One of the fighters (Tenkaichi Budokai fighters, not Z fighters) in that same series, RanPan, is also a female anime stereotype (as a matter of fact, her fighting strategy revolves around her Being of said stereotype, considering how she screams when she’s about to be hit, causing the opponent to hesitate from hitting her, then she hits the fighter. And if THAT doesn’t work, she would strip down to her underwear and attempt to humiliate the fighter into submission. I assume that if she survives the second blow, she would strip down completely, which wouldn’t surprise Me.). There are also Mion and Shion from Hugurashi No Hakukora Ni when they cry. Plus, in Naruto, there is a character named Sakura who is almost entirely defenseless and cries a lot. Do any of you want females to act like any of the Female anime stereotypes? Of course not.

This is what I believe.