Debra - Acworth, Georgia

I’m 37 years old. At nine days old I was adopted into a loving family, hit by a car at age 2- saved by my German Shepherd, successfully completed grade school and college (partially blind in one eye- thanks to the accident) married a good man, birthed two beautiful daughters and have come to the conclusion that support is what I believe. Support can be offered in numerous ways as we are each other’s help. We can support through our words. Our words have life and we can offer words of encouragement, love and simplistic protection- “call me when you get home”. We can show support through the burrowing of our eye brows, nodding our head or using an inflected tone in our voice when responding to someone. We can demonstrate support by saying thank you to the cashier and the bagger at the grocery store. We can write personal notes to our teachers, caregivers, our doctors, our mailpersons; all of the people with whom we interact on a daily basis. We can say, “How are you doing?” and then take the time to actually listen with purposeful intent to the answer. We can return a ride to someone who’s offered us one in the past. We can show affection by sharing a fresh, bunch of flowers filled with beautiful colors of the season. We can send a quick email note of Hey, how ya doin? Just checking on you? How’s the family? I believe that if we refuse to grow, we die in various ways. So, we can support ourselves by committing to expand our knowledge of things that interest us, bit by bit as time allows. We can support ourselves through wellness; eating properly; generous exercise, plenty of water; and adequate rest. We can commit to finding purpose in life; attaining love and giving love irrespective of person. We can support our spiritual selves and embrace inclusion which embodies the true oneness that connects us. We can open ourselves up to a positive life that envelops abundance. Abundance will, in turn, support us with health & wellness, healing, peace of mind, joy & contentment and even prosperity. We can support our children by exposing them to educationally stimulating adventures abroad and in our everyday life. We can further support our children by instilling excellence, self-respect and entrepreneurship. We can continue to nurture and support our valued friendships, prayer circles and sisterhoods. We can continue to support and maintain all sustaining relationships that encourage us to peel away any part of us that is not serving us well: emotionally, mentally, physically, or spiritually. We can support ourselves by learning to have child-like trust and immovable faith. This is who I am. This is what I do. And, this is what I really do believe.