Alexandra - San Antonio, Texas

A soft and gentle kiss or a never ending hug is all we want. We crave what we cant have, what we cant say is really ours but is that truly a fact. Life hands us many different things that sometimes we get lost in our own worlds and some times looking for something or someone that is right by your side. There is always going to be that special someone that suppose to love you and care for you with all there heart for the rest of their lives, but who says this person is suppose to be your significant other? Who says that this person can’t just be your best friend, cousin or even your pet dog or cat?

I have found my soul mate, she takes me to school everyday, she listens to my hopes and dreams, she is the one I always call if I ever need help. She’s my cousin Angelica, I grew up with her she knows everything about me and I know everything about her. Secrets and betrayal doesn’t exist in this relationship and so could it simply be that she is the one that is suppose to love me for the rest of my life and care for me because that is what I would do for her and I know that she would do that for me. I have cried with her, I have laughed and fought with her, yet she fills my heart with such joy that without her in my life, my world would be black and white. Laughs and text messages is what I look forward to everyday but before roses and love letters is all I thought about when soul mates came to mind ,now its going out to eat at midnight, sleepovers and all night facials are what I want. Life is to short to sweet to spend most of it looking for that person when all along they are right there in front of your eyes.

I believe that everybody has a soul mate and they come in different shapes and personalities, but in your lifetime you will have a soul mate and who knows? Maybe you already found him or her and just haven’t really thought of them that way. Don’t get me wrong your soul mate could be that one true love that you start your life with and to that I raise my glass high and give a toast, for you are the lucky ones, but I raise it to everyone else because we are never alone in this world and the ones that help make that possible are the true people that help define “Soul mates”. This I believe.