Richelle - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

This I Believe Essay

Whether you measure a day in seconds, minuets, or hours it all seems to short. Every day people worry about tomorrow and get stressed out about thing that haven’t even happened. I don’t I just worry about today, right now not tomorrow or the day after because who knows I might not even see tomorrow. That’s why I believe you should live each day at a time don’t make tomorrow’s problems today’s.

Growing up this belief was just an excused for my bad work ethic. When I would forget to do my homework, I would tell the teacher “Ms I didn’t have it because you said it was due tomorrow and I don’t plan a head I live one day at a time. Plus who wants to spend there day doing something that is due tomorrow if today is might be the last day I’m alive.” They never bought it but they did get a good laugh. As I matured I found that this excuse was actually good advice to live by. When my girlfriend broke up with me I thought my life was over and didn’t feel there was a reason to live. Like any other teen I called my best friend Dominique, and vented like there was no tomorrow and the only advice she gave me which meant the world to me was to take each day at a time and before I know it I will feel better.

Every day people are concerned about the future and it is point less because you can’t control the future. Students worry all the time about their grades if they don’t think they have a certain GPA then they won’t get into the college they want and then they won’t be able to become what they want and they don’t have a back up plan. These students need to stop worrying and take a breath just cause you don’t have the best GPA now doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. Just work on today and every day just do your best to raise it then before you know it it’s your first day at the college you wanted to go to.

Life is too short to be apprehensive with tomorrow and to lose sleep over what hasn’t happen yet. Just live each day at a time and the rest will work itself out. Trying to control what is going to happen a week before it happens is a waste of time and inevitable to what will actually happen. Plus life is more exciting when it is a surprise.