Attalah - west hartford, Connecticut
Themes: carpe diem

I believe there is always something learned through loss. You learn things that you never knew before. First, you learn how to love better through tragedy. It strengthens your love for each other. Secondly, it teaches you that even if somebody you love is lost, they will always be there, in your heart. Finally, it teaches you to NEVER….NEVER take anything or anyone for granted.

On September15, 2002, I lost my sister. She wasn’t only my sister, but she was also my best friend. I loved and still do love everything about her. I envied her. I wanted to be just like her, and the day she left me and this earth I thought my world was over.

I felt so alone, but, eventually I realized that I wasn’t the only person going through this; everyone in my family was suffering her loss. We were all going through this together. In fact, I believe that we got through this situation better because we had each other. We turned to one another for support. Losing my sister taught us how to love each other more completely than we already did. It strengthened our love for each other and we had a better bond. We wouldn’t leave each others’ side for two seconds with out saying “I LOVE YOU.”

My love for my sister will never die out. She is gone but then again she is still here with me, and I know she will always by my side. I say this because even though my sister is gone, she will always be in my heart and I will always keep her close. I believe that family is never lost. You have to remember you will always have the love of your family through thick and thin, and no matter what happens, they will always be there.

However, be careful. Don’t ever take love, life, and FAMILY for granted because you never know what is bound to happen or when it is going to happen. Cherish every moment you have with your family and love them as best as you can because, like my sister, you never know when the unaccepted can occur.