I believe in Love

Andrew - Fort Collins, Colorado
Themes: family, love

When I was a junior in high school in a bowling class I sat wondering how I am going to be able to get my hook to curve a little more to the left. I couldn’t figure it out, maybe more of a wrist snap or maybe ill, at that moment I saw her. My focus of the problem existing with my hook no longer mattered. The only thing I could pay attention to was the girl bowling two lanes over from me. I believe in a person’s desire to feel special, needed, and important in any way from any and everyone’s eyes close to them. Three days later I asked that girl out. I believe that one should be able to feel a sense of comfort from the eyes of the person who is closest to them. We have been in love from that day forward.

I think that waking up and getting motivated everyday must really be hard if there isn’t someone that you don’t think has the most care for you in the world that can be imagined. As I see that girl I asked out so long ago each and every day I seem to fall in love all over again. I truly do believe in the old saying that someone somewhere thinks about you before they go to sleep every night, and that goes for everyone in the world. I think that’s what keeps us alive.

Every day I think about, what did I miss out on? I’m 20 years old and I have already been in a relationship for three years, and what did I lose? I believe that it would be impossible to go on in our daily lives without having someone to give and show all your affection to, someone to spend time with and share your emotions and frustrations with, and someone to just listen. Then I realize I haven’t missed out on anything, there’s nothing more I wanted. I realized that I’ve gained more than others, I have that person I can wake up to and kiss morning too and she’ll smile and feel like the most important girl in the world for that small second and that’s all that matters. Without love there wouldn’t be kindness and forgiveness, there wouldn’t be happiness and joy, there wouldn’t even be honesty and tears. We grow up experiencing love and everything that follows along.

As a child I was taught that family was most important to me. As I grew older I learned that family was everything to me. That girl I grew to love sharing every memory of everyday with, is now the girl I want to live every memory of everyday with. She is now an essential part of my family. The same family I got every bit of support from and was there at every sports event and shared every tear with. Family is where love starts. You are love continues.

Everyone deserves a sense of belonging, that’s something we hold dear. Whether you get that sense from family, a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a best friend, work colleague, team member, or even a gang, that’s all anyone really wants and deserves. She is always pushing for me to work my hardest, do my best, and achieve my goals, and as I look back to that day it doesn’t matter that I didn’t find out why my hook wasn’t working, but that I met the person that gives me everything I’ve ever wanted and needed, I found love!