Mauricio - Chicago, Illinois
Themes: work

I believe that with hard work is a key part of accomplishing anything in life.

One of my main goals in life was to be accepted in a high school that could give me the best education possible, but I knew I could never accomplish this without working hard. Being accepted into a high level high school was hard enough, but my eighth grade school made it even harder. Due to the lack of experience in the new school I went for eighth grade was the main reason for me working so hard in order to get into one of the best schools in the city. Luckily I had my parents behind me, but it was completely up to me to work hard and eventually pass the exams. I had to work twice as hard in order to catch up to the other kids who were far more prepared for the exams without much guidance, except for a little help from one of my teachers and a big help from my dad.

The hard work I’ve done throughout my life has paid of in many ways including opening new doors and opportunities. My hard work has brought me a chance for a better education and an opportunity to advance. However, I not only work hard for myself, I also work hard for the people I care about. I feel it is important to work hard for myself but it is equally important to do the same for my friends and family. I think it is important to work hard so that I can be there for my friends and family because there are times when they have needed me. When my mom is sick and my dad and brother are working it is up to me to take care of things around the house. Although doing things at home and homework at the same time can be difficult but I can do it if I work hard enough. In times I also have to take care of my little sister, and helping her with her own homework. However, if I work hard enough I have time to finish my homework and still be able to do the things that need to be done around the house. Working hard is an important part of my life because I practically do it everyday.