Cody - pleasant hill, Iowa
Themes: work

“Always give a 100 percent, and you will never have to second guess yourself.” If a person gives it everything they have, they can get any where. Hard work got us to the dome and the state championship for football. All of the hard practices in the heat and the conditioning like the hills it was the worst part of practice. Everyone dreaded it, but we knew it made us better. It was hard carrying people up the steep hill. For every time the offense scored or got a first down we would have to run that many hills. It made us a disciplined and hard working team. When a team works hard and applies themselves they don’t want to lose, and it gets harder to lose.

The hard work pays off in the end but it takes a little more than hard work to get were you want to go in life. It also takes determination, If you are close to reaching your goal and a little adversity interrupts your hard work and you quit because you have little determination you wont get anywhere in life. You can work as hard as you want but you have to have that focus and determination to reach your goals. This is what happened to the team at state. The other team was more determined to win and overcome there adversities, and we didn’t we had 4 turnovers that game and lost 7 to 21.

My senior year everyone had high expectations for us, we believed that we could take state. We had that bittersweet taste in our mouth after we lost that game the year before. When we got to the second round of the playoffs against Ankeny, We lost that determination. We thought since we beat them before they should just lie down and quit because it was freezing cold and we had some hurt players. They overcome more adversities than us like the cold and turnovers. After that huge loss and they kicked are butts I learned that determination was a big key to success. Unfortunately that was my last game of my senior year, Most of all it was the last game with all my friends. It sucks but I learned a lot and made a lot of memories. I guess I will have to look forward to playing football in college, and I believe in hard work and determination will get you to your goals.