Eric - Little Falls, New Jersey

I believe that school should be four days a week and five and a half hours a day. I believe that if we go to school Monday through Thursday and go into school at 9 and get out at 2:30 that people will be happier. People would also be happier because that means that we will have a three-day weekend and everyone will like that. Students don’t like to come to school because it starts too early, it’s boring, and the day is too long. I believe that with more sleep and more recreation, people will focus on learning when they are at school, and grades will show a significant improvement.

. Many kids agree with me about how the day feels so long. After lunch, the periods feel four hours long and everyone gets so sleepy. If the days were shorter, the periods wouldn’t feel so long and I think that will help keep students alert. Having had an extra day to rest on the weekend would also help students avoid being tired in class.

Getting out at 2:30 is a good idea because during the winter it gets dark out at 5:00 and kids don’t have much daylight to play, getting out at 2:30 will give kids a half an hour more to play and they will be happier. Also, if students had an extra weekend day, they could spend more time with family and friends and get to do some of the activites that are difficult to schedule in during the current school year.

In conclusion, I am confident that my plan for a three-day weekend would benefit everyone. Kids would be happier and less tired, teachers would appreciate students who would be more alert, and Moms and Dads would love having an extra day to spend with their kids. It’s a win-win situation, and I believe we should put this plan into effect as soon as possible!