Mason - wildwood, Missouri
Themes: carpe diem

Just be yourself

In life I fell that it is extremely important to just be yourself, and live life to its fullest. Anymore the world seems to be so plastic, and unoriginal. Everyone is always trying to fit in and conform to what everyone else thinks they should be. That’s why when it comes down to the question of what I should wear or what someone mite think of me, I just say to myself, don’t worry about it, go with what I like, even if t means not fitting in with the rest of the crowd.

Being different is an amazing thing, I guess that’s why I get along with people so well, because I’m not afraid to just be who I am. I don’t let what other people think of me bother me. One example of this is when, a few years ago, my older brother and I went to a baseball game, and on the way he pulled out this massive silver turban that had a purple feather and big red gem on the front out. And I wore that to the game. I got some of the weirdest looks from people and quite a lot of laughs too. Sometimes in life, not fitting in can be a very spectacular thing. It can give anyone a completely new perspective on life, and can bring others closer to you. I fell that it is easier to get to know someone if they either don’t necessarily fit in or are different than others because when you finally get to be good acquaintances with them, you find out they aren’t trying to be someone their not.

I’d say that conformity is a major issue with kids anymore, because they think that they have to be like everyone else to be “cool”. That’s why I choose not to wear American Eagle or Hollister because I don’t need the same clothes as someone else to be cool, I just dress however I feel when I wake up. I don’t conform to other styles; I try and make my own. By wearing things I like and acting the way I am. Life is too short to get caught up in the “Oh no, what am I going to wear” world. Live life for all its worth and just be yourself.

In my life, another important feature to being who I am is being spontaneous, and keeping everyone on their toes. Not knowing what to expect. Sometimes at lunch, when I go to get some cheese fries, ill go out of the ordinary, and say something that other people wouldn’t say. Like instead of going the same old boring routine of asking “may I have some cheese fries?” ill say something along the lines of “would I be able to get a basket of those delicious cheese smothered fries please?” or “I would enjoy a crate of those scrumcious cheese fries.” I would suggest trying things like that, because it can make someone’s day, or at least put a smile on their face. That’s another thing about being different than other people that I like, is that it can make other people happy and even relieve stress from your life. I mean, mornings would be so much easier for everyone if they didn’t have to worry about what someone else will think about their clothes or hair when they get dressed and ready for school.

Being my self is one of the key factors in my life, and not letting peoples opinions get to me makes it all the better. I plan on just letting my personality show, wherever I am. Just enjoy life and next time your getting ready in the morning, try something alittle different, and see what happens.