Odessa - Kite, Kentucky

For three days I watched her sit in the corner, jotting down notes in her Trapper Keeper. Whitney was my best friend in the world and I knew what she was doing. She told me she saw something called a “Slam Book” on a movie and she wanted to try it. I trusted her not to write anything about me, I let her in all my darkest secrets.

Days went by and I had to know what she was saying about people. The suspense was driving me insane While she was outside at recess, I was being miss detective. I opened the trapper keeper and began reading it. “Beth likes Diamont, but he thinks that she is a cow. Alicia lies sooo much” I read while laughing out loud. My heart sunk as I flipped the page and seen all the nasty things that she had wrote about me.

Odessa must stuff her bra because everyday her chest is looking one size bigger. I told everyone about how she started her first period. I can’t stand her. I was absolutely stunned that my “friend” would actually think horrible things about me.

I walked outside, my face red with anger, and walked straight up to her. “I read your stupid slam book and you’re the biggest back stabber ever. I thought we were friends. Friends don’t think bad things about each other” I screamed . Whitney began to cry and claimed she was “sorry.” I believe in forgiving, but never forgetting.

When I was sixteen, I thought I was in love. I had the boy at school that every girl wanted. I tried making them jealous by telling them how he constantly takes me to the movies and out to eat. On Valentines Day, he sent me a dozen of roses, a teddy bear and a balloon to school. I claimed that I had the most romantic boyfriend that a girl could ask for. All the girls were green with envy.

I was so excited for that night, my first Valentines date. But, when the phone rang, my heart sunk. “Sorry, babe, but they called me in for work tonight and I can’t say no.” I tried to pretend like I didn’t care, but I did. Tears swelled up in my eyes as I hung up the phone.

“Since he can’t come over tonight, I guess I’ll go to his work for a surprise” I told my mom, as she agreed that was a great idea. As I pulled into Reno’s parking lot, I saw his car sitting there. I was so excited to be able to surprise him. I walked in with a large smile on my face and asked the hostess if she could get Dustin in the back.

“Sorry, but he isn’t working. He’s here eating though, would you want me to take you to his table?” she asked. I agreed, but I had a gut feeling that this was a bad idea. I followed her only to see my worst fear, he was having dinner with some blonde bimbo

I stormed up to his table and began to scream. He didn’t know what to expect once he saw me. How could a person that claimed to love me spend Valentines Day with another girl? How could he be so dumb to take the girl at the spot where he told me he would be? “I’m sorry. Laura said she was going to be alone tonight and I didn’t want that” he tried to explain to me. I smiled at him and dumped him right there. I believe in forgiving, but never forgetting.