Brittany - Newcastle, Oklahoma
Themes: purpose

I have never been someone that was big on faith. While I have had many praises in my life, my downfalls have made me who I am today. I have lived, loved, and lost. It was hard at first, but I have grown strong. I finally realized everything happens for a reason.

I believe in fate.

I grew up one of three kids. Although I am younger, I always felt like my older sister was living in my shadow. I know she looked up to me. She is eight years older so this probably sounds pretty odd. But I know it’s true. After she graduated high school, she moved three hours away. It was all downhill from there. There, she got involved with the wrong guy and went through many struggles with that situation. It tore my whole family apart. We fought all the time. Her situation put such a damper on my family’s relationship that we all just insisted on not talking about it. It was understood that we didn’t bring up my older sister. It just led to tears. But there were two blessings that came from it all and those were her two little girls. While it was a rocky nine years, her daughters have brought my family closer. In the end, that’s all that really matters.

After my older sister graduated, my family moved to Newcastle, Oklahoma. While we were dealing with her problems, I was dealing with my own. Never did I think my first day at my new middle school would change my life. I fell in love that day. I was only in the seventh grade. At first it was just puppy love. But after four years together, that love grew into a bond that, for a while, was stronger than steel. But as we grew older, our jealousy and independent ways tore us apart. A month after we graduated, we broke up. A part of me died along with our relationship. For the first year after, I was extremely depressed. I was not that same fun-loving person God intended for me to be. But after time, I began to get my life back. I have just recently understood how strong that heartbreak has made me. I do not take life for granted anymore. I’ve learned that jealousy makes everything worse. And that when you love someone, let them know. Hold on to them with all your strength. And if they let go, it wasn’t meant to be. Fate always pulls through. Everything happens for a reason.