Sadie - Houston, Texas

Snap Cup

I believe in bright, happy, snap cups filled with joy. The cups bring that little ray of

sunshine into your daily life.

The first time I ever watched Legally Blonde 2, I was informed that the snap cup’s

purpose was to contain uplifting thoughts and comments about others. The main purpose is to

uplift people when they are down or feeling blue and to put joy into someone’s day.

When entering high school, classmates made it clear that everything was changing. New

life and image followed. Losing old friends and making new friends became an emotional

rollercoaster. My best friend, Lizzy, and I have been friends since Pre- K. When she moved into

a bigger house, unfortunately, she moved out of the school zone for our High School. Even

though we went to the same middle school, the next year she would be at another school.

Changes like this one where not anticipated. When life throws challenges your way and you feel

down, use a snap cup. Weeks later, after entering high school, inviting seniors came up with the

idea of using a snap cup to welcome in freshman. Just as Elle Woods had used the snap cup to

bring together her co-workers while going through trials and tribulations, the friendly seniors

tried to join together freshman in hopes of creating bonds no one could ever break. This snap cup

created friendships, memories, and days filled with joy.

Realizing the power the snap cup contains, I realized that seeing was not just believing. It

was feeling. This feeling is waiting to be unleashed from inside others. As Will Smith once

mentioned in his film, Hitch, 60% of your communication is non verbal, 30% is your tone, and

that means 90% of your communication is non verbal. The snap cup is there to fill in that extra

10% of your communication. The percent that others can help contribute to can come from

something as simple but helpful as the snap cup.

God created people equally and through equality can come happiness. And

happiness can come from the snap cup. With that in mind I began a project, using the snap cup,

to find a little something extra to put into people’s lives. I decided that peers need to give other

people their own personalized snap cup.

Throughout life, people go through trials and hardships. When people feel upset, they

may resort to unwanted behavior, as a source of relief. With the help of a good friend, co-worker,

or peer, people can draw away from undesired behavior and use the snap cup in their lives to

prevent bad consequences.

In life, I want everyone to be happy. I want everyone to have their own personal ray of

sunshine. The snap cup, I believe, is a cure to unhappiness. I want to change decisions, feelings,

and the behavior of unhappy souls. I want to become a positive influence- just like a snap cup.