Christopher - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

When I take a chance to sit down and contemplate the many different things that I believe, I sometimes hit a brick wall. I try to figure out which direction I would want to go in, whether it pertains to religion, family, relationships with friends and my girlfriend, my career, or even worldly issues. In fact, being a human being with the gifts of free thought and choice, I have a plethora of endless things in which I have opinions and beliefs on. Sometimes it is tough to marrow it down in to talking about a specific belief without going off on little tangents of other things I believe in. I hold strong my beliefs on the importance of family.

Ever since I’ve been aware of my surroundings and self, I‘ve understood the importance of family. A kid from a divorced family, I would not exactly say my family life was anywhere near perfect. That, of course, has never led me to think anything less of those whom I call and consider my family. I was brought up living with my mom and stepdad, spending summers and every other weekend with my dad. I learned that, even though divorced, my parents are individually amazing people who sometimes make mistakes. In fact, through my parents’ actions and decisions, I learned early on that importance of finding my true Love before deciding to settle down and commit. I also understand that I believe that divorce should never be the answer or solution to the problems, but rather an understanding and willingness to work together through thick and thin. In fact, through finding my true Love, divorce should never even come up, because there is already the mutual belief of what works best and all entailed in that. Through Love, understanding and respect for one another is built. These things are a few materials that I believe a relationship’s foundation must consist of.

Family means more than just marriage. I believe it’s one of the greatest gifts in the world to be blessed with children. Children make families even more amazing. Even now, my girlfriend and I have looked forward to the blessing of children once our marriage takes place. To us, we look at it as an opportunity to raise little versions of ourselves in the best way possible, sharing with them as much Love and compassion that they will each rightly deserve. I would be completely crushed if I were not able to experience having children of my own, because it is one of the ultimate privileges in life.

The importance of family is one of my stronger beliefs. It’s the foundation that everyone’s lives should be built upon. Without the Love and support gained from a strong family life, getting ahead in life seems rather bleak and uninspiring. The family is where life begins, and family is who you will want with you when life ends.