Kecia - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

In my life I have hit plenty of bumps in the road but no matter what I have always believed everything happens for a reason. From the time I was eight years old I always knew God was there for me. My family never went to church and I had to wake myself up every Sunday and get on the bus alone if I wanted to go to church. I loved going to church every Sunday, but my dad did not like that I went to church he had a “hate” against God and didn’t see the point in me going to church. Finally, one day I realized that maybe if I stopped believing in God and stopped going to church my dad would change. Then when I was eight years old, in truck with my mom and dad while they were driving us to the grocery store, I prayed to God and told him I didn’t believe in him anymore and that I didn’t want him with me. At the moment my body folded over and I just started crying uncontrollably I felt God leave me and I realized I was wrong no matter how much my dad hated God I was alone without him. My mom and dad never knew what happened to me that day but I am still praying to God everyday thanking him for giving me a second chance to have him in my life. After that day I knew everything was different. I started to live my life like I meant it. I decided to make goals and be better than my mom and dad I wanted God by my side and I wanted to surpass all those obstacles that my parents just couldn’t get over. That is why now I believe everything happens for a reason. If I had not given up God for my parents I wouldn’t have realized how important God was to me and would be for the rest of my life. Now I know that God was just preparing me for the future and letting me know that no matter how tough life gets it would be ten thousand times worse if he wasn’t with me every second pushing me to the top.