Cuitlahuac - Chicago, Illinois

I believe in rhythm. I believe in finding a rhythm in your life and sticking with it. A rhythm is what is important to you, what makes your heart beat and your blood flow, and makes you happy. I believe in the rhythm of music, the rhythm of running, and the rhythm of doing things that are important in my life.

I am a musician. Three years ago, I picked up a guitar and taught myself how to play. Today I play the guitar, bass and drums. The strum of the guitar and bass and the beat of the drums is what drive my music. I play music from Beethoven to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, whether its in my school orchestra, or my own band, the music moves me, puts a smile on my face, and keeps my foot tapping. In addition, I believe music and rhythm is a force that can bring people from different cultures together.

Another rhythm in my life is running. When I run, the sound of shoes hitting the ground is music to my ears. I run day in and day out. It keeps my heart beating and blood rushing through my veins. Running brings me through city streets, down forest preserve paths, and to new places that I have never seen before.

The other important rhythm in life is going to school and socializing with my friends. The alarm goes off at 7 a.m. every weekday and I get up and go to school. After my classes and running, I hang out with my friends. After that, I join my family for the ritual of a family dinner. Doing these simple things is a routine that is important to me.

I get high riding the rhythm of my life. I believe everyone should discover the rhythm of his or her life and keep the beat on. The rhythm of life is what makes the world go ‘round. This I believe.