Leesha - Lincoln, North Dakota

The little world of me revolves around truth. Honesty within my personal, school, and work life is what I need. It is basically all I ask from the people in my everyday life.

Personally, I have a tough time trusting people. With time, trust is gained with my family, friends, and co-workers, but if one of them is dishonest with me a few times, good luck gaining it back. One customer that comes into my work often is known for stealing. Three weeks in a row, she had been stealing items and bringing them back a few days later. She would then get money in return of the items she had not paid for. Although everyone knew she was stealing, she could not be accused because no one had seen her actually stealing the clothing and accessories.

Ever since my parents have been apart I have thought of myself as a quiet person, more of a listener. In fact, many people have pointed out that I am a very shy person. I do know I would rather be known as the shy one than the loud one in my family. The main reason being because I have been lied to many times. Each time I was lied to, it was always by the loudest sibling. I have to wonder, if making things up about another person makes them feel better about themselves. To me, being dishonest with others is the same as being dishonest with myself.

High school changes many people. Some people change for the best and others for the worst. Sadly, I have seen a close friend of mine change for the worst in the past year. Her habits have changed by far. This friend now tries to impress people rather than be herself.

Though she may be fooling everyone else, I know better. Every lie that comes out of her mouth I catch instantly. I know for a fact, that my trust with her will never be what it used to be. With this, I believe honesty is a value that everyone should respect, not only for others, but for their own good as well.