Lindsay - Edmond, Oklahoma

I believe that God brings meaningful relationships into our lives. God created us to be in community. In Genesis 2:18, after God creates Adam, He says, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

The most important and fulfilling relationship in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ. He is my everything: my Savior, my friend, my source of strength, my purpose.

God has blessed me with many wonderful relationships of many different kinds. Each relationship enriches my life in a different way.

My relationships with my family members are very special to me. Though I did not personally choose them, I know that God chose them for me. My parents take care of me and provide wisdom. My sister is someone with whom I share a very special bond and can talk with about anything.

Though it was hard leaving my family and friends when I came to college, God has brought so many people into my life to help shape me into the person He wants me to be. During the first week of school God gave me a mentor who encourages me in my walk with the Lord and helps me grow in my faith. God led me to a Christian fellowship group on campus where I have found so much encouragement from people who are passionate for the Lord. God led me to a sorority where I have met so many amazing girls with whom I can enjoy life.

The past few months God has been showing me how to truly love other people. Sometimes it is so easy to only want to be around people who seem like they have something to offer me. I have been learning that the most meaningful relationships are the ones in which I do not expect anything in return. This year God has blessed me with a friend who is a foreign exchange student from Japan. I have loved getting to be with him as he experiences new things, and I have gotten so much more out of our friendship than I ever thought possible.

God has given me so many meaningful relationships. God has given me friends with whom I can laugh and be myself around. He has given me friends who teach and encourage me. He has given me friends with whom I can pray and study the Bible. He has given me friends who help show me what really matters. God has truly blessed me.