Mike - USA

Be Picky About which People You Trust

Trust cancan be a funny thing. You can lose or gain someone’s trust in an instant. I’m sure that most people’s trust has been betrayed at some time, so yYou want to be picky about which people you trust. Some people who I can usually trust are my parents and my friends. There are others, but once again, you want to be picky. Before putting too much trust in someone, you really shouldneed to get to know them well. In the book Fahrenheit 451, Montag’s trust is betrayed even by people he knew.

Montag puts a lot of trust into some people in Fahrenheit 451this book. Mildred, Montag’s wife, was one of these people. Ever sSince they were married, they trusted each other a lot. They had known each other for a long time, so they counted on each other. Mildred betrayed Montag’s trust, however, by turning in Montag to the firemen for having books at his house. I do not think Mildred wanted to betray Montag, though. I think that she just was too overstressed by Montag and the idea of reading books. She felt like they would be caught and killed, and just could not take it anymore and finally turned him in. Although Montag had known his wife for a long time and put a lot of trust in her, he was still betrayed by her. This can happen anytime; someone who you trust can sometimes lose your trust in a moment.

Sometimes, you do not have a choice whether or not to trust someone. For me and most other people, it is their parents. When you are born, you have to trust your parents to raise you and protect you for the first 15 years or so of your life. Although I did not realize it at the time, I trusted them from the second I was born. I have trusted them to raise me for the past 14 years, and although I do not always like their decisions, I still have to trust that they will make the right decision for methem.

Trust is something you earn, and it does not come easily. If you lose it, it can be difficult to get it back. I put the most trust in the people I know besat, and I do not trust someone too much until I know them well. Trust can take a long time to gain, but can be lost in a second.