Jonnette - Norman, Oklahoma
Themes: humanism

I believe that as humans we are driven to a higher quality of life. It is in the definition of a high quality lifestyle where everything turns colorful. Overall, human beings want to live the best life they can possibly live. Some turn to faith to find the path, some turn to poverty, others turn to politics and of course there is the money. Maybe it is in this drive to a better life that humans first found God. I’m not saying that God does not exist but even before cavemen realized the benefits of fire, humanity has been on an upward tread toward finding their inner goodness which in turn could lead to a better life. Humanity at some point co-related a good quality life with spirituality/God. God has always been there, it just took a while for humanity to discover his presence. God has reached humanity through individual civilizations, communities, cultures; maybe all three at the same. As social beings, humanity has used God to control every aspect of our lives with the assumption that if we do Gods will, we will please God, and if we please God we will have lived the best life possible. It is through these efforts among humanity to please a higher supremacy that helps me believe that humanity swells with goodness.

I believe it is Gods will that each human being lives the best life they can possibly live through the culture in which they are born in. A good life is not a gift from God, it is Gods intention. I believe this because of the common qualities that humans share. We all love, either ourselves or family or friends and of course human love has stretched world wide past individual communities. I’m not naïve, I understand that people can and will do horrible things to each other. But I believe that even evil has had the opportunity to experience love. I see when natural disasters happen around the world that millions of people want to step up and help in anyway possible. Faith in humanity is dissipating, and it is time for humanity to restore the faith by realizing how far we have come as earthlings.

Why do I believe all this? Because love, spirituality, and a drive for a better life are things (even if just one of these things) that all humanity have in common. Whether we are born into privilege, poverty, a third world country or a country that is industrialized, ultimately, we are given the challenge to live the most wonderful life we can. There are those who may not believe in spirituality/God, but love and an inner drive to improve ones individual life still remains. This is not God challenging humanity, it is humanity challenging humanity. It gives human beings so much joy to feel as if they have done something to please God. When in the end the joy we feel in living a great life is a gift from God.