Jeremy - maplewood, Minnesota

I believe that you need friend to help you out

I believe that you need other people there to help you figure out things and to help you get through a day, week, or month whatever the case is. Sometimes people need other people to turn to those people should be your friends and family or someone you can trust. If someone is having a problem I think they should go to someone for advice not just keep it to them. I think that people who try to depend only on themselves will just end up living a horrible life.

I feel that friends play a major role in a situation like this. I think that if someone is having a big problem that they should be able to turn to someone who cares for them. I also feel that if someone is having a problem it is a good chance for that person to find out who their true friends are. Another thing is that there are some people out there that you think are your friends but you can’t depend on them.

An example I have when I was in this situation was last year when I was a sophomore. Back then I went through a phase where I was depressed a lot, it lasted about two weeks. I felt like I couldn’t talk to anyone I couldn’t trust anyone and I was in isolation from the world. I pretty much said forget everyone and everything that’s how mad I was and that’s how I felt the whole time, I didn’t care about school I didn’t care about people’s problems I said to myself so what I have my own problems why do I need to listen to yours. I was even surprised I was like this because usually I’m the one who’s helping people if someone was having a problem id listen to them and give them advice.

After a while my friends noticed that there was something wrong with me and they wanted to know what but I wouldn’t let them I kept telling them I’m fine and nothing was wrong when in fact everything was wrong. It got to a point where they were very concerned about me and they thought I was going to do something stupid. So one day they stopped me and made me tell them what was wrong and after I told them what was up they understood and then they helped me out and gave me advice and I knew were there to support me. After that day I realized that there are people out there that care about me and after that happened I found out who my true friends were just from them helping me and making me realize that there, there for me.

So I believe that people should talk about their problems because if they do they have friends there who care enough to listen to them and help them out. So you can’t only depend on yourself you have to depend on others if you want help