Justin - Norman, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

Imagine walking down a street in a crowded city in the middle of the night with no worries or fears about what could happen to you. There are no murderers, rapists, or muggers on the streets. In fact, none of these crimes have ever happened. You can let your children play without worrying about them being kidnapped. No stranger, business, or friend would ever try to take advantage of you. You never feel left out, angry, or sad and you have nothing but encouragement from all of those around you. This would, in essence, be paradise. The only thing standing in the way of this type of society is reality, or more specifically, human nature. Philosophy, insurance, and even statistics all exist to explain the errors that are encountered in life – the differences between what we want and what is ideal. Some say that these disappointments come from random chance and our inability to see the future. I say that these problems come from sin. I am Christian. That is to say, I believe that the Bible is God’s Word and that the morals and values set forth by Jesus apply to all people and are the solution to life’s problems and struggles.

Why then do Christians have problems? The answer, I believe, is sin. Though Christians believe that they are free from sin and can lead a positive and moral life, they are still capable of sin. I believe that my purpose in life is to seek perfection. Obviously, this is MUCH easier said than done, however, I do notice that as I follow the Ten Commandments and treat those around me with love and respect, I feel better about myself and have an increased sense of purpose.

I believe that as people follow the teachings set forth by the Bible, they will experience joy and a full life. No one will ever be perfect, but imagine the peace that would come from people living by the Bible. There would not be any more murders, theft, or hurt feelings.

Christianity doesn’t seek only to make people live better, but to also know their purpose and have a deeper sense of meaning. I believe that Christianity is a relationship and that I have a personal relationship with God as a result of my beliefs. This gives me comfort and guidance. Rather than thinking of myself and my own desires, I think about what God would want me to do. This helps me to be a better person and live a more positive life that influences people in a personal way.