Kaitlyn - Norman, Oklahoma

Don’t sweet the little things is the title of one of the thousands of articles my grandfather writes weekly to the local editor, and every week he cuts them out and mails them to me to read. Including the one I am about to talk about that I have push pined right next to my bed in my dorm room.

When I started reading this article I knew it was going to hit home for me. My grandfather’s daughter, also know as my mom, has always been a worrier. However my mother is excessive when it comes to worrying, not just about her children and bills but about stuff that only God can handle. This excessive worrying had rubbed off on me and consumed my life when I was younger. It was like there was a time cut out in every part of my day for worrying. Not only was I worrying but I was worrying about unnecessary things. Some examples would be: does the boy think I’m cute, we’re not going to make it to a movie on time. Until this article worrying took over my life. It inspired me to not worry about the little things that we couldn’t help or the things we couldn’t change. I use to worry for weeks about my test grades, but why worry when you can’t change anything from the time you turn in your test to the time you get it back with a grade on it. My grandpa’s article taught me to stop worrying about the little things and start smelling the roses and enjoying every day God throws at you. There are to many amazing events and times in your life to experience instead of sitting around worrying.

My mother use to tell me at night before I would go to bed to say a little pray to God asking to take away all your worries. She would say, “Kaitlyn take your worries,

now wrap them up in a box and tie a beautiful bow around them. Ok. Now lay your presents at the feet of the Lord and ask him to take them from you, and he will. Then he will present you with a beautiful gift of sleep in return.” You can guess that every night I did this I would sleep like a baby.

I have given up my worries to God and though there are things to worry about most of them are just not worth your time. That is one of the wonderful gifts Jesus gave us by dieing on the cross. He gave us the gift to give all our worries to the Lord and in return he will comfort us and take our worries away.