Connor - Reading, Massachusetts

Dreams and Decisions

By Connor F

Reading had just scored the crowd was going wild. I was in the stands at a Reading high school hockey game. I was eight years old when I was at that game. At that game I also figured out that I wanted to play hockey for the high school that I go to when I grow up. I wanted to be able to represent my school by playing hockey just like the kids I watched. When I play for my middle school, when I am in the locker room, when I put my jersey on, and it says my school name, I feel great. I feel like I am representing more than just me but my school. I have the dream, but now I need to focus on making the right decisions that will help me accomplish that dream.

I believe to be happy in my life I have to follow my dreams. If I don’t I could regret it for the rest of my life. I have to make the decisions that will help me accomplish my dreams. I learned this lesson from growing up and having a goal to play hockey in high school and maybe college. As I got close to the age of going to high school I started to realize that I need to do what is going to make me happy.

To accomplish my dream I have to be able to make the right decisions at the right time, the decisions that will make me happy, and the decisions that I won’t regret. I read this quote in a book called Fahrenheit 451 which is a book that takes place in the future where books are outlawed. “I want to look at them, at least look at them once” pg. 68, Fahrenheit 451. I like this quote because it represents the choices in life. The choices that I will be happy with and the choices I will regret. I can decide to do something and I could regret it for the rest of my life or I could do another thing and I will be happy with it for the rest of my life. This is something that I have been trying to focus on. I want to make the decisions that will make me happy not make me regret it for the rest of my life. That is the biggest problem that people have in life, they all have the dream but they don’t always make the right decisions to accomplish that dream.

I know that no one is perfect so no one makes the right decisions all of the time but I can try. I have had this dream for a while and if I have to focus harder all of the time then I am going to do it. Having goals is what makes life fun because you feel great when you accomplish one. This is my biggest dream and I will do anything to accomplish it.