Michael - USA

This I believe.

I am a Christian, and I believe in the power of faith. I believe that the writings we have and the ideas that are put forth are true. I believe that they have the ability to change lives for the better. I believe that the words that we speak should bring forth action, and that action should invoke change, big change. I believe the words that Jesus spoke in scripture have the power to change or minds, hearts and lives. I believe that if we commit to loving one another and not fighting against one another we can change our world and those who live within it. That if we were to bind together as one unit rather than being divisive we would have no need for war, hunger, or famine. We need to have love for our fellow man just as Christ had for the Church. We should love in a way that is so self-sacrificing we would be willing to give our own lives ahead of those whom we don’t know. If we were to love with that kind of love I believe we would eliminate the world’s problems.

But, unfortunately, I believe that man in evil, prone to sin and selfishness. That is why we do not live in an ideal world. We are drawn toward loving ourselves, money, and possessions. We do not innately care for our fellow man because we want so bad to please ourselves. I believe we have a daily need to die to those desires, rise above them, and live life to serve and love those around us. I believe that if we could do this, love would abound in our hearts making life more pleasant for us and those around us. If we would do these things we would, in a way, fulfill both our selfish desires of self-pleasing, and also fill the desires and pleasures of those with whom we live.

I believe that one day we will all be made right with God. I believe the wrongs will be made right through the sovereignty and justice of God. That He will ultimately avenge those who have done wrong in this life. I believe that I have a purpose in living a good life in hope of glory after this life. I believe that because of the love of God He will save me and I will live with Him for eternity in heaven.