Mitchell - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

Ever since I was a child I have been brought up in a family that fears God and loves each other. Many of my beliefs originate from those who raised me but I also have developed many of my own accord. While I have many beliefs, none of them would truly matter without the faith that I have in Christ Jesus. From this comes my belief that the Bible is the Word of God and it is absolute truth.

The event that solidified my faith in Christ and assured me that God is truly there was the ongoing tension between my parents throughout my life. When I was growing up my parents fought over the most trivial things and as time passed, the fights grew both in frequency and intensity. I began to pray to God that He would give me the strength and words to intervene if it ever came to it. In the back of my mind I would also pray that I would never have to deal with it and that it would all work out but I knew that this would not be the case in reality. Finally one day my worst fears were realized. I herd them arguing one day and all of a sudden my mom storms out of the house with my sister and my dad comes into the hall and tells me that they are getting a divorce. All of a sudden, my mom comes back in and out of nowhere I began to speak with them, as if I was the parent and they were the children. At the time I had no idea where the words or the courage to say them was coming from. Honestly, I do not remember much of what I said to them. All I know is that both of them calmed down and gave each other a kiss. After this I went into my room and sat down and began to cry. I began to pray while I sat there thanking God for everything. There is no way I could have done what I did without Him and this event has strengthened my relationship with Him.

I am not one who simply applies only the teachings of the Bible which I like or which are easy to follow while simply disregarding the rest of it. Instead, I see the Bible as a whole, applying both the easy and difficult. God gave us His Word, through man, so that we may know His will and plan for our own lives. This is what I believe, that Jesus Christ is the living Son of God who was crucified, died and buried as atonement for all the sins of man and that He conquered death and rose again three days later. I believe that He will return someday to establish His kingdom and those who have heard His call and answered will live in His presence for all eternity.