Jose - Houston, Texas

Jose L

February 5, 2008

Welcome to Chapel Hill

I believe in absolute dominance. I believe in the highest of intellect that walks hand in hand with the grandest of class. I believe in the world’s unrivaled elite. I believe in the undefeatable, immortal, and almighty superior. I believe in the University of North Carolina.

The University of North Carolina is not just an institution of intellectual excellence rather it’s a way of life. North Carolina requires the most passionate of fans, and the most qualified of opponents. North Carolina demands the highest of commendations, and the lowest of skepticism. North Carolina takes everything from everyone, and gives nothing in return. I believe in the University of North Carolina.

North Carolina is renowned as a brutally tough opponent in all fields, but little do people know of the university’s compassionate side. In 2007, Jason Ray, the Tar Heel student- mascot, was killed in a hit-and-run collision. In the year since the tragedy North Carolina has established a program benefiting organ donation as well as erecting a Jason Ray memorial on the Chapel Hill campus. Jason Ray’s life involved many charity projects, and community awareness endeavors. The spirit of Jason Ray will unfathomably live on through the work of North Carolina. I believe in the University of North Carolina.

Over the years North Carolina has truly been marveled by the collegiate sports world. In the past 100 years North Carolina has accumulated five basketball championships, nineteen women’s soccer championships, nine combined lacrosse and field hockey titles, multiple swimming titles, and many other noteworthy national championships. In the years of claiming these accomplishments North Carolina as exhibited outstanding commitment to excellence, perseverance, and pure dominance. These statistics are of course omitting North Carolina’s countless ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) titles in various fields. Year after year, title after title, win after win, award after award, North Carolina never yields. I believe in the University of North Carolina.

In this world there is one school that ranks to the top of my hit list. This lack luster school is known as Duke. Every year Duke tries to dethrone North Carolina from atop the ACC, but pathetic failure ravishes them every time. Duke breaks opponent’s noses, kicks injured players, and cheats in other fashions, but they can never honestly win. The “Tobacco Road” rivalry has captivated people from across the globe, but only the Tar Heels can bask in its glory. North Carolina always gets up for Duke if not just for the sole purpose of shoving Duke straight to the ground. North Carolina performs passionately, gloriously, and flawlessly. I believe in the University of North Carolina.

Everything about the University of North Carolina I unconditionally love. I love Chapel Hill. I love the Dean Dome. I love championships upon championships. I love Tar Heels. I love all-time greats. I love the elite. I believe in the University of North Carolina.