Jordan - Houston, Texas

I believe in music, all types of music actually.

I believe that music explains life. I believe it shows us the way we live. The way we speak and act, all of this involves the music we listen to day to day. Every type of music shows a different person with a different personality. There are many different types or genres of music such as rap, r&b, country, alternative, etc. I believe no matter who we are or where we are music blends us together as we all listen. People in the world today do not judge by the music people listen to. My question is why would we judge them by their color then? We all listen to the same things and we all live in the same world. In God’s eyes we are all equal no matter who we are.

I also believe music speaks to me. I believe the lyrics choose me. Whenever I have a bad day it seems as if whenever I turn on the radio the right song comes on at the right time. When you are sad, or when you are mad, you can always rely on music. I feel that music chooses you. You don’t choose the music. It knows how you feel. It thinks what you think and it says what you want it to say. I have learned to just let the music speak to you. Do not fight it.

I believe that music gets me through the day. When I was in the eighth grade I felt like days would never end. I had just switched from a private to a public school and things were tough. My parents had just gotten divorced and I was a little depressed. However, at the end of the day music saved me. I just turned on the radio and everything disappeared and everything was right. I could close my eyes for a split second and believe the words. I could right then believe that what the lyrics are telling me what is going to happen with my life.

Music can be all of these wonderful things. To some people music might not be anything at all, but to me music is my life. Music surrounds me. It is in dancing around me all the time. If there was no music in the world I do not know what I would turn to. Music is in my heart and it is my soul. Music is my life. Now this, this is why I believe in music.