William - Houston, Texas

I believe that the representative republic form of government described by the Constitution of the United States of America is the best form of government. In a representative republic we vote people into office to make laws on our behalf. This allows for fewer people to discuss and pick the best choice instead of having a whole country voting on their ideas. If everyone voted individually as in a direct democracy, there could be a lot of tension between groups that could lead to violence. Also, decisions on laws might not be as well thought out because of emotional voting.

One reason this is the best form of government is because in less than two hundred years we became the greatest nation in the world. We lead the free world against communism and are recognized by many nations as a superpower. This government also allows for the changing of the leaders, or presidents, to be peaceful and nonviolent. The representative republic allows this to happen because of the general public’s ability to vote in free elections. In turn, their representative in the electoral collage picks the president the majority of the state wanted. Presidents can not use force to stay in office because of what is stated in the U.S. Constitution, which is the framework of our government.

Another reason that this government is the best is because every citizen is treated equally and every person should be treated the same. We also try to help other countries regardless of their government and try to do what is best for the people there to be helped. We do this because we believe individual rights should be above state and federal rights. The government also allows the citizens to believe in what they want. People can believe in any God they desire. The U.S. people tend to vote for representatives who have the same moral and monetary views as they do.

The main reason I believe the representative republic is the best form of government is because it is my form of government. This government has allowed me to grow up safe, with many opportunities. I have been able to get an education and choose which career I want to pursue because of the choices this government has made.

The beginning of my belief in the government is when we captured Saddam Hussein and freed the people of Iraq. This showed me that my government is powerful and helpful. Also, that it is better than the other forms of government because of how the people in Iraq did not support their government because of how a dictator treats people and handled things. For example, their government did not give them the necessary things for a happy life and really didn’t care what happened to them. The representative republic of the United States makes a great effort so that all the people can have the best and happiest lives. This is why I believe that this form of government is the best.