Kara - Houston, Texas

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

Beat together with a mixer: two sticks of butter, three-fourths cup of granulated sugar, three-fourths cup of brown sugar, and one teaspoon vanilla extract. Then add two eggs, one at a time, beating in between. That is the first part of the recipe for the Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies. Over the summer, I have completely memorized the recipe because I made about twenty-four batches of them. I believe in chocolate chip cookies.

My church has an outreach mission towards Santa Maria, a rehabilitation center for women, where a group of ladies go once a week to do a Bible study. Elsie, an older lady at our church, used to make about one-hundred twenty cookies every week for the Bible study. My mom volunteered me to make cookies for her because I loved to bake. So every week I made one or two batches of cookies. It gave me something to do and I would often invite a friend over to help me. The chocolate chip cookies helped the ladies at the center, they helped Elsie save some time, and in a way they helped me. I believe in chocolate chip cookies.

The cookies helped me realize that mixing several ordinary ingredients together can result in a tasty chocolate chip cookie. The ingredients are like people; some people by themselves are shy, and sometimes if you mix them with other people they might become more outgoing. The cookies only take about an hour to make, and sometimes it takes a person an hour or so to get used to you and maybe introduce themselves. Just like the cookies, some get burned, and not all people are as friendly or as nice as they should be. In life you have to understand that not everything mixes together perfectly, like if you accidentally put salt instead of sugar in chocolate chip cookies. I believe in chocolate chip cookies.

Chocolate chip cookies are also a great comfort food. Many people, when they are not feeling that great or have had relationship problems, need something comforting and rely on food to make them feel better. Chocolate chip cookies taste great and often cheer people up. There are also health benefits for the different ingredients in the cookies. The chocolate in the cookies is said to increase brain activity and heart rate. If you add nuts, which are an optional ingredient, you add fiber and help reduce the risk of heart disease. Everybody loves chocolate chip cookies, and so do I. I believe in chocolate chip cookies.