Andrew - Houston, Texas
Themes: sports

The Impact of Sports

I believe in sports. I believe they are more than just a worthless hobby for those that are not talented enough to make a living playing them. I believe their impact stretches far off of the playing field, and into everyday life.

I believe in sports. I believe that sports serve as an outlet to life. No matter how bad your day was, you can sit back and watch a game, and all of your troubles will disappear.

I believe in sports. I believe that sports are a metaphor for a successful life. In life, you have to learn to work with other people. You have to work as a team, towards a common goal. In both sports and life, at the end of the day, the goal is to win. Whether it be winning the Super Bowl or the World Series or the NCAA Tournament or just selling the most coffee or paper, you always want to win, and be the most successful.

I believe in sports. I believe that sports heal people. After a tragic event people turn to sports to help them forget about it. For instance, after 9/11, many people turned to the baseball playoffs to help them put it out of their minds. I’m not saying sports will make everything better, but they can give you temporary relief. No matter how bad a situation is, sports allow you to take your mind off of your problems for a few hours.

I believe in sports. I believe that sports allow you to let all of your emotions out. If you are angry, you can take your anger out on the ball or an opposing team’s player. If you are happy, you can celebrate with a touchdown dance, or a home run trot, or an enthusiastic reaction to a slam dunk. Sports give you the opportunity to let loose, and let it all out.

I believe in sports. I believe that sports can help you have a more successful life. You can meet people playing sports that might help you down the line by giving you a job or being a client for your business. Sports give you connections and life skills that can help you out tremendously later in life.