Kirstie - Irmo, South Carolina
Themes: carpe diem

Living Your Life

I am sure that many people believe in many different things; everyone has an opinion for anything and everything, but one of my main beliefs is that life is meant to be lived all out, with no regrets and definitely without reservations. As mortals, we only have so much time to experience and have a fulfilling life, so I always think “Why waste this amazing opportunity?”

However, many people do not agree with my belief; they waste their precious opportunity with drugs, alcohol, and the mindset that they do not care about what happens to their body or their life. These people go through life without realizing that they only have one chance to really live and to experience a remarkable journey. Do these people not understand that their lives could end in the blink of an eye, leaving behind people who would not know what to do or how to go through every long day and night? There are too many examples of these people in our world today, people that party all night, drinking and doing drugs without thinking about the serious consequences that come with their decisions; today’s celebrities are especially irresponsible in this way. Celebrities that young America is obsessed with such as, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears get wasted and party almost every night, all night, without stopping to think about how they are slowly destroying their lives.

Why do people find it necessary to harm themselves and others around them in order to have fun? There are so many other alternatives to partying in order to have fun, options that can fit anyone’s personality and passions. People just need to find something that they love to do, something that makes their life better for them, and most of all, they need to make the most of the little bit of time that we are given on earth.